i-Transport has acted for Extra MSA Group since 2017 on proposals for a new concept Motorway Service Area at M62 Junction 11, to be known as Warrington Services. Following a planning appeal held in March 2022, during which i-Transport played a prominent role, planning permission has now been granted.
Our role on the project included:
- Input into the comprehensive assessment of potential alternative sites.
- An assessment of ‘need’ in accordance with DfT Circular 02/2013.
- Preparation of comprehensive Transport Assessment, Staff Travel Plan and ES Transport Chapter documents.
- Extensive engagement with both National Highways and Warrington Borough Council in respect of improvement works proposed at M62 J11, agreement of impacts and negotiation of developer contributions to active travel measures.
- Collaborative working with HS2 Ltd. to ensure that land safeguarded for future construction of High Speed 2 can be accessed and thereafter maintained.
- Attendance at public consultation events and engagement with local business and community groups.
- Negotiation of Statements of Common Ground with National Highways and WBC Highways.
- Expert Witness at the public inquiry.
We are now looking forward to working with the project team through the implementation phase to see Warrington Services come to fruition.